Your Family matters
Join our team
Legal Assistant / Paralegal
Visionary Law is changing the way law firms serve their clients by hiring top talent, using the latest technology and continually working to develop efficient processes. We are serious about doing everything we can for our clients, but don’t take our word for it, check out our reviews and mission/vision statement.
You’re not going to find the “old guard” here – we value innovation and vision from our staff and lawyers all with a view to providing our clients with the best solutions.
The Legal Assistant / Paralegal role is entrusted with the firm’s liaison with the court, opposing counsel, clients, and other stakeholders. Your knowledge and experience of court and internal processes will assist with file management on a daily basis. You will be a central legal professional entrusted with creating processes intended to enhance efficiency and solve client inquiries in a timely manner.
To handle your responsibilities proficiently you should be able to:
- Think outside the box while solving a problem
- Excel in a constantly evolving modern office environment
- Set high expectations and work hard to achieve them
- Answer common legal processes questions pertaining to family law
- Manage your workload so you can meet deadlines, yet not lose sight of fine details and professional acumen
- Understand time management and schedule client appointments efficiently and effectively
- Analyse client needs and relay requests/observations to management
- Express the interests of clients and the firm while sending and receiving professional correspondence
- Use and create precedents in order to reduce client costs and maintain an efficient legal support environment
- Understand your role in the firm and work diligently as a team player to achieve shared goals
- Continuously engage in efforts to improve and advance our services to a wide array of clientele
- Ensure digital and physical files are constantly updated in an organized fashion
- Provide reception relief when needed, answer clients and leads calls and direct them to appropriate resources
- Take payments and keep accurate records in Management Information System
What you need to succeed:
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Minimum 3 years experience in a family law capacity
- Experience or interest in processing Real Estate transactions (an asset)
- A legal assistant diploma from a recognized post secondary institution (preferred)
- Experience in a computerized office environment (some tech-savvyness is required)
Personality Traits, Skills, and Capabilities:
- Be a people person with good interpersonal skills
- Know how to engage customers on a relationship basis and a transactional basis
- Have passion for helping people solve their problems
- Be well-versed and comfortable with email and phone etiquette
- Ability to think outside the box and craft creative solutions
- Ability to empathize with customers and convey confidence and trust
- Motivated, independent and self-reflective life-long learner
- Ability to prioritize and get things done with many distractions
- Understanding of legal processes and terminology
- Proficient with computers – experienced with legal software
- High professionalism and work ethics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have an Entrepreneurial and self-starter spirit
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible and able to adapt quickly
- Strong organization skills coupled with the ability to effectively prioritize tasks
- Ability to understand clients’ needs and direct them to the right resources
- Honest, patient, empathetic, caring, dependable, and attentive to clients’ needs
- A desire to exceed expectations – a “leader’s attitude”
What we offer:
- Work hours: 9:00an – 5:00pm Monday – Friday (40 hours / week)
- Competitive dynamic salary and remuneration package
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- Long and short term disability insurance
- Free parking
- Education and training
- Opportunities for advancement
If you thrive on exceeding expectations, excel in a client-focused culture, prefer a young professional environment always focused on the future where innovation is a way of life, and able to crack a smile on a daily basis this could be the perfect position for you.
Please submit your resume & cover letter outlining your value added to our team in confidence to:
Visionary Law Corporation
C/O Yaniv Zohar, Controller
Utilizing our innovative spirits we are uniquely positioned to the 21st century by harnessing worldwide cutting edge technologies to improve quality, speed, and cost of service. We bring flexibility, innovation, transparency, and customer care to a new and higher level. We are progressive by bring together legal and business professionals servicing each other, creating a rewarding experience for clients and staff alike.
For clients this means creating efficiencies to lower costs, increase returns, and provide comforts unmatched by many.
For staff this means supplying the resources that make a difference personally and professionally, setting targets that are achievable, rewarding success, creating and maintaining a productive environment, and sustaining a close-knit, supportive culture.
For you this means a nurturing environment, a professional development experience grooming you to succeed as a lawyer and an entrepreneur, and a chance to achieve partnership relatively quickly.
What Does It Takes to Become a “Visionary”?
We believe that in order to provide comprehensive solutions, sustain a trust-based relationship, and work effectively in a family focused law practice, one needs to be a motivated leader, a “people’s person” who is values driven and has the ability to think outside the box bringing advice unique to each person. It is imperative that you would want to exceed expectations and make your mark on every file, have an entrepreneurial spirit, and be technologically inclined.
What Would a Career with Visionary Law Look Like?
Imagine a flat organization mentality where you are in the driver’s seat, all the resources you need are at your fingertips, you are given the wheel to navigate your own professional destiny while you are sailing in a progressive environment. Aligned processes, procedures, and policies show you the way and when you feel you might veer off the path you have guidance and support from your colleagues. In this environment the sky is the limit, the opportunities abound, and success is dependent on you alone.
But don’t trust what we say feel free to reach out to our articling student who will be happy to answer any questions you might have.
How Do I Make My Application?
Before you apply, we encourage you to research your options well. Can you see yourself in a law firm lead by a modern business model where people’s needs are central to every decision or action? Can you put your clients first using your knowledge, experience and skills to find unique solutions to any problem? Do you have a keen interest in the legal needs of families? Can you excel in a modern, progressive office, requiring leadership, entrepreneurship, and hard work to succeed? If yes is your only and final answer please email your resume, a cover letter, and a copy of your transcription in confidence to:
Yaniv Zohar, Controller
We wish all the applicants success in this process and thank you for choosing Visionary.
The Visionary Team