Manitoba Family Law
Child Custody Lawyers in Winnipeg
Your Family matters
Manitoba Child Custody Lawyers Provide Sympathetic Counsel
Visionary Law serves clients throughout Winnipeg and the surrounding areas.
In family law, no issue is as hotly contended as child custody. At Visionary Law, we work judiciously to protect your child’s welfare as well as your parental rights.
Recognizing that you want what is best for your child, we tailor our counsel to meet the unique needs of your family. Whether you need help adding a child custody provision to your separation agreement, or require an experienced lawyer to fight for you in court, we are ready to provide you with dedicated legal service.
Drafting a parenting/custody agreement
If you think you are heading towards an amicable separation or divorce, you can save yourself a great deal of time and money by having a lawyer help you draft a parenting/custody agreement. Our lawyers have vast experience working with families of all types. We can carefully review your family dynamic and objectives, and help you draft a solid parenting agreement. Generally, a sound custody agreement should cover the following:
- Where the child will live
- How you will share time with your child
- How you and your partner will make decisions for your child
- Provisions for holidays and special occasions
- The protocol for resolving disputes and making changes to the agreement
In the event that you and your spouse cannot agree on how child custody should be divided, the court will need to determine a suitable arrangement.
Types of child custody in Manitoba
Depending on your family circumstances, the court may award the following different types of child custody:
- Sole custody – Under this arrangement, one parent has legal and physical custody. If you are granted sole custody, your child will live with you and you will be responsible for making important decisions regarding his or her life, including education, religion, health, etc. Generally, the noncustodial parent is granted some form of access/visitation to their child. However, if a parent is deemed violent, abusive, or otherwise detrimental to a child’s health, access may be restricted or denied.
- Joint custody – A joint custody arrangement allows both parents to make important life decisions for their child. Your child may live primarily with you or he/she may share time between the households of both parents.
Contact a skilled child custody lawyer in Winnipeg
Visionary Law offers compassionate family law counsel to clients across Manitoba. To discuss your child custody matter with a knowledgeable lawyer today, call (204) 515-6020 or fill out the form below.
Request an Initial Consultation
Please complete the form below to request a family law consultation with Visionary Law. We will contact you as soon as possible to schedule an office visit. Information shared with our office in this form and during our consultation is and will remain private and confidential.